Single Details & Review
We remember going to House of Music to scout and hear this act out as they were looking to play at Beers N' Cheers the following week. The usual quality of this band is already proven - both musically and lyrically now but those were their starting days. At the end of the set came on this song which was totally different from what they were playing - aggressive and experimental with megaphones and monologues and we whispered to each other "Man we hope this band puts out more stuffs like these". And a fine May day 2021 with the super handsome and talented Pandu dai as the studio engineer, "Sawari" finally sees the release date. As evident in their recent releases that this band will keep on broadening their horizons sonically, this is the heaviest offering till date. Not metal-heavy but alternative-heavy reminiscent of Paramore or even Foo Fighters only to give you a comparative denomination. Punchy drums and an anthemic feel delving into a rage filled anti political statement, this is a kickass release!! And PS. We love how the monologue in the middle has been modulated reminding us of Satan from Southpark! We love it!
Artist Fact Board
- Dipesh was the one who designed the logo for the band, which features a 'Sri Yantra'.
- Ishan wants to have a pig as a pet one day; he thinks they’re misunderstood animals and can be great pets.
- Ishan has been practicing law for 3 years. The band was formed when Ishan and Raunaq got close during their time in law school together. Raunaq and Dipesh were in a different band (called 90’s Guns) at the time.
- Most of The Elements’ songs from 2018-20 were made in Kau Daada, a place in Pokhara, where they like to camp out for span of some time to make music. They’ve realized that they prefer to write songs isolated from the world and from Kathmandu’s buzz.
- The dudes were also involved in opening the kickass “Backdoor Pub”.